Hello everyone! Kymona here from Kreative Kymona, with a fun Christmas card that combines two of my favorite things to do.
Can you guess what those things are? Yes, making cards and the other thing is……Knitting!! Yes, I can knit, go figure.
When I saw this stamp set, I knew I wanted to bust out my knitting needles!
Take a look at my card:
You can’t tell me this little snowman isn’t warm around his neck, LOL!! I think this card is so cute. I love how I was able to combine both of my passions together to create a card that anyone would love.
So you want to know how I created this card, here you go:
3. I cut out the snowman and arms from Hero Arts Snowman Die Cuts.
4. I used my circle die to cut out the sentiment.
5. I sponged Hero Arts Shadow Ink Soft Pool on the edge of the sentiment circle and to add a soft color to my snowman.
6. I used Copic markers YR04 and YR07 to color his nose.
7. I added red buttons to the front of the snowman.
8. I knitted my snowman’s scarf and tied it around his neck.
9. I added glossy accents to my snowman’s eyes for added dimension.
10. I added foam adhesive to the back of my snowman and sentiment. The trick here is, I double the adhesive because the bulkiness of the scarf made the snowman not sit evenly on my card panel.
11. I added Clear Wink of Stella to the snowballs and the sentiment for a little shine.
12. I round the corners of my card panel. I added smaller foam piece to the backside and adhered it to my card base for a finished card.
So what do you think? Isn’t this snowman and die set just the cutest set you’ve seen!! Isn’t neat how you can add things to your cards that are non-tools in your toolbox!!
For those who knit here are the instructions:
Cast on 3 stitches and knit for until your scarf is about 7″ long. Bind off.
Simple and so easy to make. It took me just a half an hour to create this scarf.
The items I used for my cards besides the knitting materials can all be found at the a2z Scrapbooking Store. If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used please head on over to the store and use the coupon code KYMONA15 to get 15% off your purchase.
I hope my card gives you some inspiration to participate in our Current Challenge. It runs to the end of the month. The theme is Autumn and Christmas. You have a chance to win a $25.00 gift card to the a2z Scrapbooking Store. Hope to see you there!
Supplies use for knitting:
Thanks for stopping by!!