Hello everyone!! It’s Kymona from Kreative Kymona and I’m here with my last post of the year and I’m doing that with a POP of Color for you!!!
You have a couple of days to enter our Watercolor Challenge for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to the a2z Scrapbooking Store.
I love watercoloring and I recently learn how to use distress markers to create a watercolor effect.
Take a look at my card:
(You have to see this card in person. The purple is so rich but this photo doesn’t display that.)
What do you think? I love how the one flower has color so it’s the center of attention.
Lets take a closer look at my flower:
I decided to cut two of the petals to add the sentiment behind the flower as to not cover up the flower.
I added some Wink of Stella to the flower to really make that rich purple pop. Isn’t that amazing!!!
You want to know how I created this card? Its quite simple!
1. I cut my watercolor paper to 5 x 3.75.
2. I randomly stamped my flower image using Memento Black Ink.
3. I used two distress markers to add color to the tips of my flower and the base of the flower.
4. I used my 4″round watercolor brush and water to pull the color down the petals and up from the base. I heat set it and repeated that two more times.
5. I stamped my sentiment using Versamark Ink and Hero Arts White Embossing Powder. I heat set that.
6. I cut two of the petals so that the sentiment panel could sit behind the flower.
7. I added one Hero Arts Gem to the center of my flower.
8. I adhered the panel to my card base.
Very easy and sophisticated to create.
Well, now its your turn!!
All of the supplies I used can be found at the a2z Scrapbooking Store. If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used please head on over to the store and use the coupon code KYMONA15 to get 15% off your purchase.
I hope my card gives you some inspiration to participate in our Watercolor Challenge. It runs to the end of the month, you only have 4 days left to play along.
You have a chance to win a $25.00 gift card to the a2z Scrapbooking Store. Hope to see you there!
One more thing before I go, did you know that we are on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. If you haven’t done so already, please follow us on these different social media outlets!! You don’t want to miss out on any fun promotions!!