Happy 2015 everyone – Jennifer here with one of my favorite types of cards to share with you…a shaker card!
I love shaker cards. Love. Them. Go ahead, try holding one and not smiling – see?? That’s why they’re so fun!
In keeping with this month’s challenge to use something New to You, I pulled out my new Hero Arts stamps, a fresh batch of HA ink, and the scalloped circle dies I had that were unopened…oops…oh, and the little seed beads were still sealed. Obviously I was saving them for a special occasion, like now!
While it looks utterly complex, it really isn’t…unless one of you non-crafty friends asks, then tell them you slaved over it. 😉 Ready?
1. Stamp your background stamp onto the card stock, cut down to 4″x5.25″ so it fits nicely on the front of a standard A2 card made of matching card stock.
2. Get out your die cutting machine (I used my Big Kick) and choose a scallop big enough for the sentiment to fit and some sequins and beads to move around. (I used the Lawn Fawn nested scallops – this one measured about 3″) While you’re at it, break out the fun foam! I cut my piece down to about 3.5″x5″ so that it fit behind my card front and didn’t peek out. Die cut the scallop from your card front and fun foam and set those aside for another project.
3. I took a scrap piece of ivory linen paper and cut it down to 4″x4″ to stamp my sentiment on. Use your diecut paper to line up where you want the sentiment to be, then stamp with VersaMark ink and heat emboss.
4. Assembly time! Grab some acetate (I use transparencies) and cut it to about 3.5″x3.5″ for your window and glue to the back of your diecut paper stamped with hearts. Now add the fun foam to the back of that, and let everything dry. Flip it over so your fun foam (or foam tape if you don’t have any fun foam…but really, you should get some!) is facing up and you have a well to add sequins and seed beads to. Tuck those in, then glue your ivory paper with the sentiment on to lock them all in place. Give it a shake to make sure it works! 🙂
5. Take your shaker front and glue the whole thing to the card base. Now shake shake shake!
I have all of my supplies listed below. This would be a fun Valentine’s Day, anniversary, wedding, or just because card. Be sure to use my coupon code, JENNIFER15, to take 15% off your purchase of $25 or more in the a2z Scrapbooking store – I want to see lots of shaker cards! 😀
Supplies available in the store:
Hero Arts BasicGrey Amore background cling stamp
Hero Arts Grape Jelly mid-tone shadow ink
Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
Hero Arts Sending Love wooden stamp (currently out of stock at a2z, but available at Hero Arts)
Pretty Pink Posh sequins – 4mm clear, silver heart confetti
Lawn Fawn Scalloped Circle dies
Stampin Up! card stock – Passionfruit
Ivory Linen paper
Purple seed beads
One more thing before I go, did you know that we are on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook?. If you haven’t done so already, please follow us on these different social media outlets. You don’t want to miss out on any fun promotions!