Good morning everyone – it’s Jennifer here with some colorful embossing to brighten your day! It’s snowing here in the Northeast, yet again, so I was really in the mood for spring. Several of us are taking the Clean & Simple 4 Online Card Class, myself included, and I’m coming out of it with some fantastic ideas! Today’s card is similar to the one Jennifer McGuire created and is a fantastic embossing powder technique:
Count it up, my friends – that’s THREE different embossing powders on one bold and beautiful background stamp. Are you loving it? I’m loving it. Best part is you can do it with any background stamp and there are a lot in the store! Then by mixing up your colors you get a different card every time.
So how did I do it?
- Grab your favorite background stamp and pile on the VersaMark ink.
- Cut your paper down to fit the front of your card (mine started at 4.25″x5.5″) and stamp that baby up. Be sure to press down well to get all the stamp detail. *Note – if you want space to stamp and emboss a sentiment like I did, be sure to mask off that area FIRST, then stamp.
- Flip your paper up and admire your fine stamping skills, then grab your masking paper or Post-it tape. *Note – if you masked off a sentiment area, remove that mask now.* Start gently applying your mask to a portion of your card, one bit at a time. So for the green corner I masked off the area directly above, applied my powder, then moved on to the next section.
- Once your card is filled with embossing powder, heat it up! The Milwaukee heat gun in the shop is perfect for this; let it heat up away from your project, then ZAP and done with minimal warping.
- Jump up and down at how cool your card is looking.
- Now, time for a sentiment – I stamped and heat embossed mine, but you could also use a die cut, rub-on, whatever you’re in the mood for.
- I made a card base out of the Wet Cement layering paper, scored it to make a top-folding card, then trimmed my front panel down to 4″ wide to let some peek through.
- Pop the panel on with foam tape, round the corners, and admire your handiwork!
Ready to try it yourself? I have my supplies linked below, and as always be sure to use JENNIFER15 to get 15% your purchase of $25 or more. We would love for you to play along in this month’s challenge with your Hero Arts goodies! You may enter up to five times to be eligible to win a $25,00 Gift Certificate to the a2z Scrapbooking Store with each entry.
Supplies available in the store:
Hero Arts Background stamp – the one I used is out of stock, but there’s a ton of beautiful ones to choose from. I want to try it with this one!
Hero Arts Wet Cement Layering Paper
Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder
One more thing before I go, did you know that we are on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook?. If you haven’t done so already, please follow us on these different social media outlets. You don’t want to miss out on any fun promotions!