Good morning everyone – Jennifer here with a CAS card that is sure to make you go “awwww”. I picked up the new Hero Arts Baby Animals Stamp & Cut set and simply died of cuteness overload. The critters are so adorable!! I’m a sucker for bunnies, so I just had to play with that little cutie first.
You just went “awww”, didn’t you? It’s ok, I keep doing that myself. 😉 I tried out some no-line coloring and I have to say, it’s a bit challenging at first but really fun.
– I stamped the bunny in Soft Pink ink. The idea here is the lighter, the better!
– Coloring time! I pulled out my Spectrum Noir markers and decided on a gray bunny with a pink nose and coral ears.
– I wanted to add the stitching details back in, so I used a .01 multiliner pen to add them back and draw in his whiskers.
– To add a little definition, I used a drop of Ranger Black Enamel for the eye and let it dry.
– For the shading around bunny, I cut a mask out of the Stick It paper and covered her up (after the eye was dry). I then used a small sponge and Soft Yellow to add the background color. The nice thing about the paper is that I was able to just tuck it in the stamp set when I was done for next time.
– I stamped the ‘miss you’ sentiment from the set in Charcoal ink and the little heart in Ultra Pink. A bit of Glossy Accents on the heart and a quick corner round up top and this card was done!
You have two more days to join us in our March challenge – Color it In. I’d love to see more baby animals!
Hero Arts Shadow Inks – Charcoal, Soft Pink, Ultra Pink, Soft Yellow
Hero Arts Baby Animals Stamp & Cuts
Stick-it Adhesive Sheets
Hero Arts Snow Layering paper
Spectrum Noir markers, Glossy Accents, Multiliner .01 pen
Remember to use coupon code Jennifer15 for 15% off your purchase of $25 or more when shopping!
One more thing before I go, did you know that we are on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook? If you haven’t done so already, please follow us on these different social media outlets. You don’t want to miss out on any fun promotions! We also have our current Design Team call going on – we’d love to have you join us!