Good morning all,
It’s Cindy here for my very first post at a2z blog. And I am so happy to be here!!
This month’s challenge at a2z Scrapbooking is Anything Goes. Go ahead and play with your favorite Hero Arts supplies and join in the fun!
Today I made a sentiment free card, cause I can’t decide if I want it to be Mother’s Day card, or birthday, or friendship; so it’s an Anything Goes card! Wink wink!!
I used the Waterlily (or Lotus) flower from the Poetic Petals Printable digital kit as the focal point. And these are so fun to use. If you are like me, and have trouble putting the shadow down on a flower, these digital stamps are your friends. Because it’s realistic looking and the shadow is already there, all you need to do is colour and (may be) emphasize where the shadows are.
Let’s take a look:
- Smear some distress inks onto a craft sheet, spray with water until it beads.
- Place white CS panel down, let it soak up the diluted ink and lift gently or in a sweeping motion in one direction (do not move it around and around, the ink will be all mixed up and become brown), let dry.
- Stamp text with black ink, clear emboss and let dry.
- Place stencil over panel and add white embossing paste in desired area.
- While waiting for the embossing paste to dry (about 30 minutes); print, colour and cut out flower(s).
- Stamp dragonfly randomly.
- Adhere the embossed panel to eggplant CS panel, then onto white card base.
- Adhere flowers with foam tape.
- Add diamond stickles to flower center.
You can find the Poetic Petal Printable Digital kit at a2z Scrapbooking Store. If you would like to purchase that or other digital kit or the latest products from the Hero Art Summer Catalog, head on over to the store and use the coupon code Cindy15 which will save you 15% off any purchase of $25 and up before shipping.
Did you know that we are also on Twitter,Instagram and Facebook? If you haven’t done so already, please follow us on these different social media outlets. You don’t want to miss out on any fun promotions!