It’s Kelly here and I’m sharing a very simple watercolor card with you guys today.
I started by adding walnut stain distress ink to only the right and bottom edge of the pot stamp. I didn’t ink the top because I knew I wanted the flowers to over hang the front of the pot. I added in my flowers only inking the areas I wanted to add. One of the many wonderful things about stamping with distress markers. For the flowers I used spun sugar because it’s dark enough to give you a guide but light enough that it won’t show after the watercoloring.
Now for the fun part!
I scribbled some distress ink onto an acrylic block to use for painting. For the flowers I used worn lipstick, seedless preserves, broken china, and chipped sapphire. I added more water to some petals or laves than others. This is what gives the beautiful variation that watercolor has. I added a bit of ground under the pot and stamped a simple sentiment to finish it off.
Here’s the same card but with a butterfly added in.
I didn’t really “Love” the way the butterfly turned out but that’s okay. You can’t be head over heels for all of them!!
Have you played along in our current challenge yet, it’s New Beginnings. Births, birthdays, weddings, there’s all kinds of options 🙂 If you haven’t joined in don’t worry you have all month long!
Thanks for stopping by today