Cindy here to share a card fitting for the June Challenge’s theme: New Beginnings.
Let’s get right to it:
- Use stencil and embossing paste to add texture to designer paper, let dry. Adhere to card base.
- Die cut “Congrats” three times on black CS, glue all three layers together to create a chip board look.
- Stamp owl on white CS twice, colour and cut out. Please a small piece of foam adhesive between the two pieces to create a 3D sticker look.
- Stamp cap and tassel on white CS twice, cut out, create 3D sticker look.
- Cut a piece of light weight CS 1 ½ in by 2 in, roll up to form certificate shape, tie with red ribbon.
- Stamp sentiment on texture panel, adhere all other element as shown.
- Add tiny dots of Onyx Pearl on owl’s eyes.
I am pretty happy with the results. This card is gender neutral, so it’s great to have on hand. The owl stamp I used is older ,wiser too may be? 🙂 But I am sure you could find a newer version such as the adorable owl in the Hero Arts Friends by Lia set, available at the a2z store. The Stamp and Cut Congrats is also available. Use my promote code Cindy15 to get 15% off any purchase of $25 before shipping. If there’s something you want and don’t see in the store, just click the Request Custom Order button on the left sidebar to get a special order put together just for you.
June’s challenge is New Beginning: (babies, graduations, weddings, new home, new job..etc). Join us and play along. By entering you have a chance to win a $25 gift card to the store. If you are not sure about the rules, check Here. Hope to see your creations!
Do you know that we are also on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. If you haven’t done so already, please follow us on these different social media outlets. You don’t want to miss out on any fun promotions!
Hero Arts Sky Stencil Pair
Black Dye Ink