Hi everyone – Jen here from Caffeinated Papercuts to share with you one of my favorite color combinations. Technically it’s a trio of neutrals, but when you put them together – my oh my! Better still, this is a quick card to make so you can whip up a whole stack of them for graduation, wedding, showers…any new beginnings you may have this summer. 😉
Whenever I’m stumped for colors, I love going back to the combination of white, kraft, and gold. Sounds simple, right? The results are so amazing!
Are you loving it? I’m loving it. White ink on kraft paper is one of my favorite combinations, and the Hero Arts Unicorn Ink is the best I’ve found. Just look at that gorgeous background stamp! Cleans up like a dream, too – I simply rinse my stamps off in the sink and let them air dry.
For the middle sentiment, I combined two different sets – the Moments to Remember stamp set and the Thanks Stamp & Cut set. (FYI, the Moments to Remember set is on sale…yeah, you’re welcome.) The Thanks set is where I got the little ‘awesome’ sentiment from – a little stamp masking and it was added into the bracket.
Since the Unicorn ink is a pigment ink, be sure to zap it with your heat gun a few times before heat embossing. Or simply get interrupted a million times by a hungry family, that works too…LOL
I wanted to turn this into a thank you card, so I added a little embossing on the inside, too:
Here’s a breakdown of the steps so you can mass produce you’re own stack of awesome cards:
- ink up your background stamp with white Unicorn ink. Trim your kraft paper to 4.25″x5.5″ and stamp. Zap it with a heat gun and/or let dry for a while. If you’re making a bunch, the drying time is no problem!
- When dry, trim 1/8″ off the left & right sides for a bit of a border. Figure out your sentiment stamp placement, then ink up the ‘today’ and bracket stamps with VersaMark ink. Coat your card with anti-static powder, then heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Let your embossing cool, then add more anti-static powder. Tape off the part of the sentiment you don’t want stamped, then stamp & heat emboss your ‘awesome’ sentiment inside of the bracket.
- While you have your embossing supplies out, add the ‘thanks’ to the inside of an A2, top-folding kraft card.
- For added dimension, trim down some craft foam to fit behind your stamped panel and adhere with super strong glue (I like the Tombow Xtreme). Foam tape works, too, but I like the foam for doing full panels – it’s more uniform and won’t sag. Adhere to the front of the card and you’re all done!
Remember that today is the last day to link up to our June Challenge, New Beginnings! Should you go shopping to pick up some lovely card making supplies, be sure to use code JENNIFER15 to get 15% off your purchase of $25 or more. Ohhh, and have you heard what’s coming soon??
New ombre inks, sentiments, and layer stamps for the holidays! Yay!!
Don’t forget that we are on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Follow us on these different social media outlets so you won’t miss out on any fun promotions! Thanks for stopping by today, and happy crafting!