Cindy here to share another shaker card. Now that I’ve got a few under my belt I want to try something different. I brought the shaker element out in front, and I didn’t fill it with sequins or seed beads or party favors or punch out bits. Want to take a guess?! 🙂
You must see the card first:
Any idea? Read on and you will find the answer.
- Stamp Hero Arts Small Striped Flower with Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment ink on vellum and heat emboss with white EP. Stamp once more.
- Stack the vellum piece matching the pattern with emboss piece on top, sew around flower leaving an opening about an inch long.
- Pry open the vellum pocket and fill with some Forget-Me-Not flower seeds.
- Sew up opening to seal. Trim the excess vellum keeping just the flower. This now becomes the shaker element.
- Die cut two leaves using the leaf die from the Hero Arts Frame Cut Scallop set from green CS. Use paper trimmer to cut thin strip for stem. Distress with distress ink Broken China.
- Die cut stitch label, use a white gen pen to trace over the stitched line.
- Die cut “thanks” using Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Thanks from deep blue CS.
- Cut two panels from deep blue CS and pattern paper.
- Assemble all elements as shown.
- Add Wink of Stella Clear to vellum flower.
Here are a few close up shots, unfortunately I couldn’t get the Wink of Stella to show up. It’s quite delicate.
I assure you even you don’t see the flower seeds very clearly, I hear the ‘chic chic’ sound when I shake it! That’s part of shaker fun right? 🙂 I hope I’ve inspired you to come play the September challenge – Shake It Up with us. If you need some supplies for you project visit the a2z store, and while you’re there you’d want to check out the Sale section, lots of great deals there. Feel free to use promote code Cindy15 at check out to obtain 15% off any purchase of $25 or more (shipping not included).
Ranger Distress Ink (Broken China)
Lawn Fawn Die Three Stitched Label
Wink of Stella (Clear)
White Gel Pen