It’s Donna here sharing a shaker card for a2z Scrapbooking challenge this month. Isn’t it fun to make shaker cards. I am sharing a technique with you that I learned at my card club last weekend. I am going to call it heat resist.
1. I took a piece of scrap paper and sponged four different colors of Hero Art inks. The colors are organge soda, soft yellow, forever green and cup of joe.
2. I stamped the pumpkin, leaves and acorns with versamark on the scrap piece of paper I sponged.
3. Then I poured clear embossing powder on the images and used my heat gun to set.
4. Once the embossed images cooled, I applied cup of joe ink using my sponge on each image I embossed (in my class we used a brayer). Here is what it looks like completed with steps 1-4.
5. After inking, I wiped the ink off the images. The images are really colorful and bright. You can see all the details. Then I used the autumn frame cuts and cut the images out. I also cut some of the smaller leaves out and used them inside the pumpkin along with the sequins.
Well what do you think, pretty cool technique?
Here is my finished card: