Happy Saturday everyone,
Cindy here to share a One Layer Holiday card. How do you like my post title? It’s like a little tongue twister right? 😀
Most of the time when I made an One Layer card, I like doing a little masking and inking. Today’s card is no exception. But I am not masking stamped images, I masked a stencil to achieve what I wanted. Let’s take a look, shall we?
- Masked area off for sentiment on white card front.
- Masked desired area of Hero Arts Long Leaves Stencil, lay stencil on top of masked card front.
- Use inking tool and sponge Broken China, Peeled Paint, and Crushed Olive to create ombre effect.
- Remove mask. Stamp star from the Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Thanks set with clear embossing ink, and heat emboss with gold EP.
- Stamp “MERRY” from Hero Arts Winter Cheer Tag Set by Lia with Tuxedo Black dye ink, and heat emboss with clear EP.
- Draw lines to frame sentiment and tiny circles around stars with black marker.
- Fill in the embossed sentiment and tiny circles with red gel pen.
- Stamp, heat emboss and use gel pen inside of card as shown.
Here’s the inside of the card:
I hope I’ve inspired you to join in the fun of this month’s challenge. See the full detail Here. Need some supplies? Visit the a2z store. Feel free to use promote code Cindy15 at check out to obtain 15% off any purchase of $25 or more (shipping not included).
Ranger Distress Ink (Broken China, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive)
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)
Clear Embossing Ink