Hello and Happy Monday,
Cindy here to share a “Make it Pop” card. You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. So let’ get right to it:
The advantage of any easel card is that it won’t fall down since it’s has a flat base. 🙂
- Measure and cut both white cardstock and Sookwang double-stick sheet approx. 3 1/4 by 3 1/4 inch.
- Peel off backing of Sookwang and adhere to white cardstock, die cut ornament from Hero Arts Winter Cheer Tag by Lia with this piece.
- Peel off release paper from the die cut ornament, sprinkle glitter powder such as Hero Arts Prisma Glitter all over, shake off excess and burnish it. Glue small ribbon bow on top. Set aside.
- Repeat process using leaf die to create two glittery leave cluster. Set aside.
- Score and fold the front of a white card down the middle horizontally creating two planes. Measure designer paper to fit, distress edges, and glue to card.
- Die cut “Joy” using Hero Arts Alphabet Uppercase Fancy Die from same designer paper. Glue onto ornament using glossy accent.
- Add strip of gold glitter tape to inside edge of card.
- Score small tag in the middle, apply glue to lower half of tag, adhere to inside of card just above the glitter tape.
- Adhere ornament, art flower, and leaves onto lower portion of the card front as shown.
Here’s a close up look at the glittered ornament:
You would see that there is a subtle difference in colours between the ornament and leaves even though I used the same glitter. The cause is the paper. I used white cardstock for the ornament, but off white for the leaves, I want to match the flower center which is cream coloured.
I hope I’ve inspired you to join in the fun of this month’s challenge -Make it Pop, and it does not have to be a holiday card, any theme as long as it pops!! Check full detail Here. Are you tired of making holiday card already? Well how about get a head start on Valentine card, there is a wonderful selection of new Valentine theme stamps and dies in the store, check them out Here. Feel free to use promote code Cindy15 at check out to obtain 15% off any purchase of $25 or more (shipping not included).
I am linking up this project to the Addicted to CAS: Challenge #78 – Joy.
Ranger Distress ink (Barn Door)
Petaloo Art Flower