Monday Monday!! It’s a brand new day!!
Today I am sharing a birthday card. Although there are layers in the card, in honor of this month’s challenge theme I’ve used masking technique on part of the card/elements.
Did you spot it? 🙂 Read on to find out.
- On craft sheet dab Neon Yellow and Neon Orange in equal amount. Add just a tiny bit of Pale Tomato,
- Spritz with Perfect Pearl solution until ink run into each other. Place white card stock on top and let it soak up the ink, try not to move it around too much so the colours don’t mix evenly. You’d want some variations or ombre effect. Let the colour panel dry.
- Stamp various banners from the Hero Arts Papel Picado Banners set with black ink onto the colour panel.
- Cut banners using Papel Picado Frame Cuts and by hand.
- Stamp the small solid shape of the small butterfly from Hero Arts Color Layering Butterflies set on scrap paper, cut out.
- Place butterfly cut out at desired area on colour panel (this is the masking part). Stamp large solid shape of the small butterfly from Hero Arts Color Layering Butterflies set over the masked area. Remove mask. Stamp the detail and body with black ink.
- Repeat the same process to product a second butterfly at a lighter area on colour panel, and don’t stamp the body.
- Fussy cut the butterflies or use the Hero Arts Color Layering Butterflies Frame Cut.
- Cut each butterfly right down the middle into two halves. Layer the light shade behind the darker shade to create that 3D side view. Glue to secure.
- Adhere woodgrain paper panel on cream card base.
- Adhere all the other pieces as shown. Embellish with Orange Stickles if desired.
Here’s a close up of the masked butterflies holding up the celebrate banner:
Both the Layering Butterflies stamp set and frame cut are still available at the a2z store. You can check it out here. Feel free to use promote code Cindy15 at check out to obtain 15% off any purchase of $25 or more (shipping not included) when you go shopping. Also if you want something that’s not in the shop, just click the Request Custom Order button on the left side bar. Easy peasy!!
Hero Arts Papel Picado Banners
Hero Arts Papel Picado Frame Cuts
Memento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)
Ranger Perfect Pearl