Happy Tuesday everybody:
Did you see the Hero Arts 2016 Summer Catalog? There are lots of fun supplies but something (among many others) caught my eye, new layering die with frame cut. That got me thinking about my Fancy Butterfly die (DI078), I still love it but it does not come with a frame cut. What to do? Well all you need to do to place it on your card stock, trace the outline with pencil, them use an X-acto knife (of scissors) to cut it out. Then layer it with the die cut.
I made a card today using the method and it really brings our attention to the negative space of the die. Like this:
- Trim white card stock into 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
- Ink the entire stamp set Ribbon Letters by Lia with grey shadow ink while leaving the stamps on the original acetate sheet. Place the card on top to stamp it.
- Take the letter “B” out, ink with Light Purple to Grape Purple Ombre ink pad and stamp.
- Die cut Fancy Butterfly using pattern paper.
- Place Fancy Butterfly die on colour card stock, trace the outline with pencil and trim. This is your solid backing piece.
- Adhere the patterned die cut to the solid backing piece.
- Adhere to card front.
Voila!! Next time I would just glue the center, so the layers are seperated adding more dimension!
Both the Fancy Butterfly die and the Ribbon Letters by Lia set are available at the store. Feel free to use promote code Cindy15 at check out to obtain 15% off any purchase of $25 or more (shipping not included) when you go shopping there. Grab them before they’re gone!
Also I would like to link up to Simon Monday Challenge: Butterfly Beauty