Yesterday my team mate Dawn shown you a beautiful watercolour background featuring the Hero Arts Fancy Butterfly die cut as the main focus. Today I am going to bring the butterfly to the background. I am doing the faux embossing with die cut. So let’s have a look:
Isn’t that background fun!? Here’s a close up:
- Trim white card stock into 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
- Using the same colour card stock, die cut four butterflies using Hero Arts Fancy Butterfly die.
- Arrange the butterflies on the card front to your liking. Take one of the butterfly and apply glue all over on the backside and adhere to where you wanted. Repeat with remaining butterflies. NOTE: make sure you glue down all parts, otherwise it won’t look like embossing. 😉
- Trim off excess that hang over the card.
- Next use a stylus or bone folder, gently run it along the outside edge of each butterfly. This will smooth the edge and it would produce the ’embossed’ look.
- Stamp the sentiment with clear ink and heat emboss with white powder on watercolour paper.
- Add watercolour washes, let dry.
- Die cut heart using the large heart die from the So Sorry Stamp & Cut set. Adhere with foam adhesive to the card front.
Both the Fancy Butterfly die and the So Sorry Stamp and Cut set are available at the store. Feel free to use promote code Cindy15 at check out to obtain 15% off any purchase of $25 or more (shipping not included) when you go shopping there. Grab them before they’re gone!
Clear embossing ink