Hello dear friends, Martha Lucia here to share with you a card that I made using a two different die cuts that come in a separate sets: Happy Stamp & Cut and So Sorry Stamp & Cut using a very old but always wonderful technique, the faux textured metal paper. Perfect for our monthly challenge, Clear and Simple.
The base of my card is Calipso Coral card stock and the second layer is Whisper White. I worked all my design over the second layer. Let me tell you all the process that I did to make my card:
- Cut the second layer using Whisper White card stock and masked the borders using masking tape.
- Apply Distress Ink on the center using a blending tool. I used two colors Abandoned Coral and Fossilized Amber.
- Apply a thin layer of Perfect Pearls Gold with a paint brush. Don’t touch your card stock with your finger tips. Let the powder fix over the ink, it only takes a few seconds.
- Remove the masking tape.
- Pass the inked piece with the embossing folder of your choice through the big shot
- Decorate and personalize.
To decorate my car I used the happy word that comes with the set Happy Stamp & Cut by Hero Arts I cut it in Whisper White card stock. For the hearts, I created a thin layer of texture with White Makin’s Clay® and then I cut the small hearts with the framelits that come on the set So Sorry Stamp & Cut by Hero Arts in my big shot.
I hope my project inspired you and that you come back with your project to participate in our watercolor challenge. Remember that you can find all the materials that I used in this card in a2z Scrapbooking Supplies Store and if for some reason you didn’t find what you are looking you have the possibility to make a special order. Don’t forget to use my code Martha15, to get your 15% off in your orders over $25 with out shipping and tax.
See you soon!