Hello everyone, Martha Lucia here to share with you a clear and simple model using the Bold Floral Stencil of Hero Arts, one of my favorites designs this season. I decided to create an ombre effect with this stencil over the entire layer of my card. Take a look at my project:
Here is how I created this card:
- Cut the base of the card using Whisper White card stock. The size is 4-1/4″x11″ with score in 5-1/2″
- Cut a second layer using the same card stock. I masked the border of this layer using 1/4″ masking tape.
- Secure the Bold Floral Stencil from Hero Arts over the masked layer
- Apply the ink from the bottom part to up. First I applied the Daffodil Delight Ink, then Tangelo Twist and the last color, Chocolate Chip. I applied the ink with Clarity Brushes but this can be also applied with sponge or blending tool.
- Remove and clean your stencil.
- Remove the masking tape from the borders of the stenciled layer.
- Stamp the sentiment Hello from the Spring Hello by Lia from Hero Arts using VersaMark and Hero Arts Cooper Embossing Powder. Melt the powder with your heat tool.
- Paste the layer over the card base using dimensionals or double sided foam tape.
Creating this card was very easy. I only have one special tip to share with you: before pasting the masking tape over the layer, take off the adhesive touching the masking with your skin. Then you can paste it over the paper and remove easily without damaging your paper.
I hope my project inspired you and that you come back with your project to participate in our Clean and Simple Challenge. Remember that you can find all the materials that I used in this card in a2z Scrapbooking Supplies Storeand if for some reason you didn’t find what you are looking you have the possibility to make a special order. Don’t forget to use my code Martha15, to get your 15% off in your orders over $25 with out shipping and tax.
See you soon!