June’s challenge theme here at a2z is “To Die For”, so I am trying different ways to use my cutting dies. And I am inspired to use the Inlaid Die Cutting technique. For my card today, I’ve also decorated the inside.
- On a pink (with stripe) pattern paper same size as card base, use pencil to lightly mark where the three butterfly die should go.
- Die cut three butterflies (from the Flower and Butterfly Frame Cut) using green pattern paper, put aside.
- Die cut butterfly on left edge and right edge first, set the cut outs aside. Secure corresponding green butterflies in place.
- Die cut the center butterfly. Secure the green pattern die cut in place.
- Die cut with stitched rectangle.
- Adhere all pieces to card front.
- Stamps sentiment (from the Flower and Butterfly Frame Cut) and sequins (from the Stamp and Cut Congrats set) to card front.
- Use clear glaze pen to highlight the stamped sequins.
- Glue the pink butterfly cut out inside the card along the center fold. Stamp the body of the butterfly from the Color Layering Butterfly set.
- Stamp greeting inside card.
Hop over to my blog to see who inspired me and check out a second card I did using this technique.
I hope I’ve inspired you to join in the challenge, you could win a $25 gift card to the a2z Scrapbooking Supplies Store.
The Flower and Butterfly Frame Cut I used for this card is on sale right now for half price (reg. $15 sale $7.50). Use code Cindy15 at check out to get 15% off your purchase $25 or over (shipping excluded).
Memento Dye Ink: Tuxedo Black
Hero Arts Many Birthday Messages
My Favorite Things cutting die: Stitched Rec Stax