Happy Wednesday everybody,
Have you have your cup of morning coffee or tea yet? During these warm days I am thinking about cold drinks and those crazy straws. Hence the inspiration of today’s card. I made a shape card featuring the tall cup with foam in the Hero Arts Caffeine Fix Digital Kit. I am going to link up the card to the 2016 Summer Coffee Lover’s Blog Hop.
- Resize the tall cup with foam and print it on pattern paper (from the BasicGrey Picadilly 6×6 pad, it has butterflies, birds, and garden things, so it speaks summer to me) and trim closely.
- On white card stock trace the cup and trim without the handle and score just below the foam. This is the back panel of the card.
- Select and print just the foam on white card stock and trim.
- Cut a piece of stripe pattern paper to make straw.
- Stamp speech bubble sentiment in Chipped Sapphire and heat emboss with clear powder on same paper. Cut it using the matching die. Cut a second piece for the back. Glue the front and back speech bubble onto the straw. Voila! This is the crazy straw element of my card!
- Glue all front and back panels, glue straw, and the foam piece on the top. I added Wink of Stella on the foam but it’s not showing up in the photo.
Have you link up at the 2016 Summer Coffee Lover’s Blog Hop? Just make a summer theme card featuring a coffee/tea/cocoa element and join in the fun! You could win one of many prizes provided by the Super Sponsor such as a2z Scrapbooking. a2z is providing two prizes: a Hero Arts Digital Kit and a $25 gift card to the a2z Scrapbooking Store.
Both Hero Arts Digital Kit – Caffeine Fix and Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Yes I used for this card is available at the a2z Scrapbooking Store. When shopping use code Cindy15 at check out to get 15% off your purchase $25 or over (shipping excluded).
Ranger Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire)
Wink of Stella Clear