Hello dear friends, Martha Lucia here to share with you a pseudo monochromatic card that I made using the stamp set Spring Hello by Lia. I know it’s not spring anymore but I love the flowers and I wanted to experiment this technique with die cuts and masking. Take a look at my card:
Today I didn’t use White card stock, which is very strange for me! Today I used a light blue card stock for my decorated layer. Here is how I created this card:
- Cut the Bashful Blue layer. The size is 4″x5-1/4″
- Create a pattern using circle die cuts in a piece of card stock, you will use this piece to mask when you are stamping your images.
- Place the stencil created over the bashful blue layer and Ink inside of each circle using Hero Arts Cornflower Shadow Ink and a Blending Tool or sponge.
- Randomly stamp the images of the stamp set Spring Hello by Lia using Hero Arts Navy Mid-Tone Shadow Ink.
- Stamp your sentiment with Hero Arts Navy Mid-Tone Shadow Ink.
- Paste the decorated layer over a card base. If you want you can use a dark blue to keep the design monochromatic or you can change the color base just like I did. I used Rose Red card stock.
- Add some white sequins.
I hope my project inspired you to experiment with new creations and share this with us in our monthly Challenge. Remember that you will find amazing stamps and die cuts in a2z Scrapbooking Store and you can use my discount code MARTHA15 to buy your products and get the 15% off in everything when you spend $25 dollars or more without shipping and taxes. Believe me this is a great deal!
See you soon!!!