Cindy here today to share another way to layer the Hero Art Color Layering Butterflies.
As you can see, this beautiful set has two butterfly shapes and corresponding layers. And I am sure you have seem many beautiful cards made with this set, but what happen if I interchange the layers? Wow the possibilities!! An idea just popped up in my head… I know what I would do for my next post!! 🙂
But for today, I have a card and a tag to show you.
I don’t know about you, but sometime when I stamp with my white ink the impressions are not very clear. So I decided to hit the inked stamp with Perfect Pearl solution before pressing it onto my card stock. I love how it turned out. I get a tiny weenie bit of shine, and also a slight ombre effect too! Because I could never get the spritz right in the middle. It’s always to the left, to the right, on my hand instead of the stamp..you know?! LOL
- Trim a Hero Arts Charcoal Notecards into 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 inch panel.
- Ink various images from the Hero Arts Stamp My Own Plants clear set with Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment Ink, spritz with Perfect Pearl solution and stamp on charcoal panel as shown.
- Stamp sentiment from Hero Arts Hello Sunshine Daisies clear set with white pigment ink and heat emboss with white EP.
- On white card stock, ink and stamp the solid layers butterflies (kissed with die cut optional), closely trim or use the Color Layering Butterflies Frame Cut to cut out. **Note: I use another die cut for the butterfly’s body.
- Layer the charcoal panel onto a Hero Arts Snow White Folded Card.
- Glue the butterfly layers together and adhere to card front.
I was experimenting and the first panel didn’t quite worked, so I trimmed part of it out, I stamp just the pattern layer of the small butterfly in the background and made it into a tag.
I had lots of fun layering my butterflies. Go get your stamp set at the a2z store. Use my promote code Cindy15 to get 15% off your purchases of $25 or more (excluding shipping). If butterflies’ not your cup of tea, there are many other beautiful color layering sest in the store. Didn’t find what you want, click the Request Custom Order button on the left side bar. Easy peasy! 😉