A few days ago when preparing my post I had an idea of using the layers of the Hero Arts Color Layering Butterflies differently. So today I am sharing what I did. Okay…actually it is less dramatic than you think! LOL
I basically used the pattern layer of the small butterfly on the large solid butterfly and vise versa. The results are fun indeed!
- On white panel layer Hero Arts Kelly’s Floral Tile Stencil, sponge Hero Arts Ombre Ink Butter to Orange to create an ombre effect.
- Next layer Hero Arts Large Lotus Pattern Stencil over, sponge Ranger Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade.
- Trim vellum and layer over the background.
- Die cut 4 flowers using Hero Arts Scallop Frame Cut, stamp the flower center using small stamp from Hero Arts Printed Flower clear set with Ranger Distress Ink Crushed Olive. Adhere onto vellum overlay panel.
- On white card stock, ink and stamp large and small solid butterfly shape. Then ink and stamp the small butterfly pattern on large butterfly shape. Ink and stamp the large butterfly pattern on small butterfly shapes. Fussy cut closely, distress the edge and center. Glue die cut bodies onto the butterflies.
- Adhere onto vellum overlay panel, glue panel to white card base.
I hope I’ve inspired you to try to mix and match with your layering stamps. The results could be unexpectedly pleasant. Go ahead and play. Don’t have any layering stamp, go shopping at the a2z store. Use code Cindy15 to get 15% off any purchases $25 and more (shipping excluded) at check out.
Hero Arts Large Lotus Pattern Stencil
Hero Arts Scallop Frame Cut
Hero Arts Printed Flower