Cindy here to share a non-holiday theme card. After having made a bunch of Christmas cards, I needed a change of scenery so I took out my Hero Arts’ Color Layering Orchid in a Pot clear stamp set and the matching frame cut to play.
The motif on the pattern paper is golden, but I couldn’t quite get it to be photographed under my lamp. But with a little less light, it seems to show up better.
- On white card stock, ink and stamp the first layer of the orchid in Barn Door, and stem in Peeled Paint. Let dry completely.
- Stamp the last layer of the orchid in clear embossing ink and heat emboss with gold EP.
- Stamp the leaves in layers and the moss with various distress ink.
- Stamp the pot in clear embossing ink and heat emboss with gold EP.
- Using match frame cut to die all pieces.
- Trim pattern paper to fit and adhere to white card base.
- Use foam adhesive to mount the orchid in the pot onto card front.
- Die cut small tag, stamp sentiment from the Hero Arts Coffee Cup Tag clear set in Peeled Paint.
- Embellish with golden seed beads (use glossy accent to adhere).
- Tie tag to orchid, and adhere to card with foam adhesive.
Here’s a closer look.
Both stamp sets and frame cut, are available at the store. Use code Cindy15 to get 15% off any purchases $25 and more (shipping excluded) at check out.
Ranger Distress Ink (Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire)
Clear embossing ink
Gold embossing powder
tim Holtz cutting die – Tiny Tabs & Tags