Cindy here to share a non-card project. December’s challenge is Anything But a Card.
So for today’s project I have decided to make something I’ve never made before, a Pocket-Letter. At first it seemed like a daunting task to ink up a full letter size sheet (to cut into 9 ATC size panels). But with the help of pretty designer paper, I proceeded with ease.
I used Hero Arts Floral Heart Stamp and Cut by Lia. There are eight sentiments in the set and I stamped them all. Seven on the pocket panels and one on the Floral Heart die cut. Let’s take a look.
- Cut 9 ATC size (2.5 inch by 3.5 inch) panel from designer paper. Distress each with Vintage Photo.
- Die cut Spring Branch using Chocolate card stock. Brush the tips of some leaves with Silver Wink of Stella. Trimmed and adhere to left top and center top panels.
- Stamp “I Love You” and music note on top left panel.
- Trim flower from left over designer paper and adhere to top center panel.
- Stamp “Amore” on top right panel.
- Stamp “Valentine”, untitled postmark, and hearts on middle left panel.
- Stamp “Smitten” and strings of hearts on middle right panel.
- Stamp “True Love” on bottom left panel.
- Use Versamarker to trace over bird motif, heat emboss with clear powder on both center and right bottom panel.
- Stamp “You & Me” on center bottom panel.
- Stamp “Be Mine” on right bottom panel.
- Die cut Floral Heart using white card stock. Mask center and ink with Spun Sugar, slightly distress with Vintage Photo. Stamp sentiment in Vintage Photo and heat emboss with clear EP.
- Use the cutting die as guide, trace outline and fussy cut heart shape solid panel using Chocolate card stock. Adhere Floral Heart to solid heart shape panel. Use piercing tool to make small hole, attach jump ring to charm and to Floral Heart panel.
- Insert all the pieces into the pockets.
- Attach Floral Heart die cut at center of pocket letter.
- Attach rolled flower on top of heart.
- Trim thin strip of designer paper to fit the smaller opening at the left, insert and punch hole using the plastic sleeve as guide.
- Stamp and heat emboss “Sending Love” on matching designer paper, die cut using Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Yes, distress with Vintage Photo. Use the cutting die as guide, trace outline and fussy cut heart shape solid backing using pink CS. Distress. Glue stamped heart onto pink heart shape panel.
- Pierce small hole on small heart panel, thread with jump ring. Tie small heart to top hole with distressed ribbon.
The Hero Arts Floral Heart Stamp and Cut by Lia set is really pretty right?! Imagine using it for Valentine, Mother’s Day, Wedding and Anniversary, and birhtday cards, it is quite versatile!! Get yours at the store today. Use code Cindy15 to get 15% off any purchases $25 and more (shipping excluded) at check out.
Hero Arts Cling Stamp – Untitled Post Mark
Hero Arts Fancy Die – Spring Branch
Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Spun Sugar)
Clear embossing ink
Clear embossing powder