Are you ready for Christmas/holiday season? In many years past no matter how ready I think I am there’s always some last minute things that pop up or require my attention. LOL. So lately I’ve learn to take things easy and try not too hard to control everything. However I do bake Christmas cookies every year (since many years), and when I give them away I’d like to include a little list or a tag to indicate what they are. This year I’ve decided to use a non-holiday theme die cut to make that tag/list.
- Die cut floral hearts with red card stock using the cutting die from the Hero Arts Floral Heart Stamp and Cut set.
- Use one of the die cut piece as guide/pattern, trace and fussy the backing using white card stock.
- Stamp dotted line on white die cut pieces.
- Cut half inch wide fishtail banners using white card stock.
- Use gold gel pen and write sentiment on banners.
- Stamp holly leaves from the Hero Arts Coffee Cup Tag in Crush Olive and die cut.
- Write cookie names on white backing pieces.
- Score backing diagonally on left top corner.
- Apply a tiny bit of glue on top of score line of white backing, place floral heart on top and glue together.
- Glue fishtail banner on top of floral heart, add holly leave embellished with red art gem.
- Use pierce tool and poke a hole on top left, thread gold color ribbon thru and tie.
Voila, it doesn’t take too long to make these and you could mass produced. Also they could be used as place cards since they stand at an interesting angle! 🙂 Just write the person’s name on the banner, and leave the inside blank (or write a personal message). You can still get the Floral Heart Stamp and Cut at the store. Use code Cindy15 to get 15% off any purchases $25 and more (shipping excluded) at check out.
There is still time to join in our December Challenge – Anything But a Card. Click the “Current Monthly Challenge” button at the top bar to get details.
Hero Arts Coffee Cup Tag
Hero Arts mid-tone shadow ink – Wet Cement
Gold gel pen
Red art gem