It’s Cindy. I use this month’s challenge theme: Any Shade of Red as my inspiration of today’s card. It’s a fairly simple card, except I use partial die cutting to add dimension. You could consider it a one layer card with an attitude! 😀
- On white card stock, ink and stamp the orchid branch from Hero Arts Color Layering Orchid in a Pot set in a pleasing composition in various shades of Red.
- Stamp sentiment in black.
- Distress with Spun Sugar all around.
- Use matching frame cut and partial die cut at various length of the branches.
- Layer and adhere red color paper on card base.
- Add foam adhesive behind partial die cut branches with various thickness, the most thick at the tip of the branch, less closer to the base.
- Adhere orchid panel to card. Remove backing of foam tape from branches and adhere to card. Slightly curl the flower petal to create more dimension.
Here’s a closer look.
The Orchid in a Pot stamp set is still available at the a2z store. Also new items from the 2017 Catalog are available. Go shopping and use code Cindy15 to get 15% off any purchases $25 and more (shipping excluded) at check out.
And come join in this month’s challenge: Any Shade of Reds. Use some shade of red and Hero Arts products such as stamp, stencil, digital stamps, die cut as main focal point. And you could win a $25 gift card to the store.
Hero Arts Orchid in a Pot Frame Cuts
Memento Dye Ink Tuxedo Black
SSS Dye Ink Teeny Bikini
Ranger Distress Ink (Barn Door, Spun Sugar)