Hi, friends, Happy St. Patrick’s Day! It’s Chark with a post today and I’m a newbie at art journaling but it’s so fun and I wanted to share my latest page. I’ve always liked this phrase, “The earth laughs in flowers,” because how can you be sad when looking and smelling flowers? I have some old-world roses in my yard that smell heavenly.
- I started by stamping a Hero Arts text stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and Hero Arts Mermaid Ombre Ink on white tissue paper. Then I tore the paper and glued it to the page.
2. After drying with a heat tool, I added some Nuvo Aquamarine paste through the Chevron Stencil and let it dry. Then I added some Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise Acrylic paint to the edges and randomly on the page and added some Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink, using a brush, a wet wipe and my fingers…fun! (it’s a little too blue-looking in this photo)
3. Next I drew some flowers free-form with pencil, then I used some blue transparent Claudine Hellmuth paint to go around the outlines and then watered it down a bit on top of the stenciled areas too. After that, I used Distress Oxide Ink in Cracked Pistachio and the Wallpaper Cling Set to add decorations to the page.
4. I ended up using more of the Nuvo Aquamarine Mousse with the star stencil from the Sky Stencil Pair. I didn’t like that the color of the mousse I first used got covered up with paint, since it’s so shiny and so I needed to put some more on the page. I also added some with my finger to the bottom of the page as the ground.
5. The flowers got outlined in the Pitt Big Brush Pens from Faber Castell in Chrome Green. Then I lettered the quote on music paper I had. I used the Pitt pens in Pink and Light Blue to color in those letters too, then edged the paper with my Worn Lipstick Oxide pad. And that is it! It took a bit, but it was a fun process and I like how it turned out.
Hope you’ll enter our monthly card challenge with your Hero Arts products to try to win the $25 gift code to the store.
SECOND CHANCE TO WIN: During the month of March, we’re giving you a second way to win a $25 Gift Certificate to the a2z Store! Just comment on any blog posts here in March.
We’ll do a random draw from the blog comments during the month of March for one gift card. You can enter once a day by commenting on the blog post and earn up to 31 chances to win! If you’re feeling it, you’re welcome to enter both the Hero Arts with Stencils challenge and the commenting challenge…maybe you’ll win both!
Happy St. Paddy’s Day!