Hello crafty friends,
Today I made a tag featuring the Waterlilies from the Hero Arts Color Layering Koi stamp set. At first I thought the flowers may be too small, but in the end it turned out just fine.
- Trim white card stock into 3 1/4 by 5 1/5 in tag. Use inking tool and sponge Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, and Milled Lavender to create a soft background.
- Layer Hero Arts Delicate Petals Stencil on top of inked tag. Spread thin layer of white embossing paste, remove stencil and let dry.
- On white card stock, ink and stamp waterlilies, and lily pads. Die cut using Hero Arts Color Layering Koi Frame Cuts.
- Color flower center using Copic markers.
- Stamp sentiment from same set on vellum strips using Jet Black StazOn ink.
- Adhere waterlilies, lily pads, and sentiment on tag as shown.
- Tie bow using strip of white soft tulle.
I think the embossed background provides a nice backdrop of the waterlilies.
There is still plenty time to play, pull out your favorite stencils and join in the March challenge – Playing With Stencils. You could win a $25 gift card to the store. Just remember to use some Hero Arts products such as stamps, stencil, die cut, digi stamps on your project.
For the month of March there is a second way to enter to win a $25 gift card to the store. That is by comment on any of the March blog post. One comment on each post, the more post you comment on the more chances to win.
Remember when shopping at the a2z store, use my code Cindy15 to get 15% off any purchases $25 and more (shipping excluded) at check out. If you don’t find the item in the store, just click the blue Request Custom Order button on the left side bar.
Hero Arts Stencil – Delicate Petals
Ranger Distress Ink – Broken China, Chipped Saphhire, Milled Lavender, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive
Copic Marker – Y15,Y17
StazOn Ink – Jet Black
White embossing paste