My Sentiment Focus inspired card measure 4 by 6 inches. Why deviate from the usual A2 size card you ask, well just take a look and you will see.
The A2 card just won’t fit the two hummingbirds holding the banner. That’s why. Hehe!
- Cut white card stock into 4 by 6 inches card base.
- Lay Large Lotus Pattern stencil on card front, secure with washi tape and apply a light coat of Wild Honey using inking tool.
- Die cut hummingbirds (Hero Arts Paper Layering Hummingbird Pair) twice using watercolor paper.
- Paint hummingbirds with watercolors. Let dry. Use black marker to draw eyes and use white gel pen to add white of eye.
- Apply Clear Wink of Stella to hummingbirds die cuts.
- Stamp birthday banner (Hero Arts Papel Picado Banners) with Ombre Ink – Light to Dark Purple on white card stock. Closely trim.
- Adhere trimmed banner on purple glitter paper with glue. Let dry, trim.
- Adhere banner and hummingbird dies onto card base with foam adhesive as shown.
Here’s a close up so you could see the shimmers on the birds.
There is still plenty time to join in the fun and play our May challenge – Sentiment Focus. Click the Current Monthly Challenge tab to get the details and link up.
The hummingbird dies are really cute, aren’t they? Get your own at the a2z store, use my code Cindy15 to get 15% off any purchases $25 and more (shipping excluded) at check out. If you don’t find the item in the store, just click the blue Request Custom Order button on the left side bar.
Hero Arts Clear Stamp – Papel Picado Banners
Hero Arts Stencil – Large Lotus Pattern
Ranger Distress Ink – Wild Honey
Daniel Smith Watercolor sheet Hero Arts Palette
Wing of Stella – Clear