It is a very special Monday for me, it’s my 24th wedding anniversary today!! So it’s the perfect opportunity for me to make a very special shaped card for my DH.
I used the oven mitt in the Hero Arts Cooking Fun Digitial Kit as a template for my card shape (after I resized it using an image editing tool). It measures 4.75 by 3.5 inches.
- Resize and print Oven mitt from Hero Arts Cooking Fun Digitial Kit on printing paper. Use it as guide and cut out front panel and folded card using white card stock.
- Stamp cabbage image from Hero Arts Produce and Seeds on scrap paper three times, trim closely and use as masks for next step.
- Stamp cabbage trio image using Jet Black Archival ink on oven mitt panel. Stamp the first image, then mask it, stamp the second and repeat for the third. Mask the last cabbage
- Align the small hearts from Hero Arts Love Stamp and Cut set on acrylic block, stamp on oven mitt panel in criss-cross fashion using Hero Arts Pink to Red Ombre Ink.
- Remove mask and color cabbage trio using watercolors.
- Stamp the sentiments in black.
- Add faux stitches using black marker.
- Stamp the Heart stitch from Hero Arts Love Stamp and Cut in black.
- Use inking tool and distress oven mitt with Spun Sugar and then Ripe Persimmon.
- Glue oven mitt panel onto shape card base.
Here’s a close up.
Please join us in this months “Take Shape” challenge for your chance at a $25 gift card to our a2z scrapbooking store. Our current monthly challenge can always be found in the menu bar, and runs from the 1st to last day of the month.
The a2z scrapbooking store carries a wide variety of Hero Arts products! Get discounted new releases, sales, grab bags & more. Proceeds from our store benefit Celiac & Behcets disease foundations. Use my discount code Cindy15 to get 15% off your purchase of $25 or more. If you’re looking for a Hero Arts product you don’t see in store, use the Request Custom Order button from within the shop.
- Hero Arts Digital Kit Instant Download – Cooking Fun
- Hero Arts Clear Stamps – Produce and Seeds
- Hero Arts Stamp and Cut – Love
- Hero Arts Ombre Ink – Pink to Red
- Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black
- Ranger Distress Ink – Spun Sugar, Ripe Persimmon
- Daniel Smith Watercolor Hero Arts Palette