Hi everyone! Leslie here to share a DT inspiration project with you today, a fun and frosty mixed media wall hanging I created for the Christmas holidays. I used the Hero Arts Color Layering Holly stamp set and coordinating Hero Arts Color Layering Holly Frame Cuts. I thoroughly enjoyed creating this!
I started by brayering red and green acrylic paints onto a 5×5 Gessobord. I then applied texture paste over two different stencils on several areas, splattered black gesso mixed with water over the piece and let dry. I mixed white gesso with a little water and brushed it over the entire piece to mute the colors a bit. Once that was dry, I played with some red and green watercolors, letting some of it run and splattering some of it. I also inked the edges.
I stamped the sentiment in black StazOn on vellum, cut flag ends and set it aside. I then stamped and die cut 16 holly leaves, arranged them to form a wreath (staggered in three layers) and adhered them to the Gessobord. I added shiny red sequins for berries and a multi-loop bow with a double loop of cording beneath it and a brad in the center. I rolled up some script paper and adhered the tubes in the center of the wreath for some interest, then affixed the sentiment. I finished the piece by smearing grit paste on a few areas and splattering Copic Opaque mixed with water. I also added some thick cording for a hanger.
For more details and additional photos, please see my blog post at Love To Scrap 2. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Please join us in this months “Watercolor” challenge for your chance at a $25 gift card to our Hero Arts store. Our current monthly challenge can always be found in the menu bar, and runs from the 1st to last day of the month
The a2z scrapbooking store carries a wide variety of Hero Arts products! Get discounted new releases, sales, grab bags & more. Proceeds from our store benefit Celiac & Behcets disease foundations. Use my discount code Leslie15 to get 15% off your purchase of $25 or more! If you’re looking for a Hero Arts product you don’t see in store, use the Request Custom Order button from with-in the shop.
- 65-lb vellum, green/white script paper
- Ampersand Art Gessobord
- Ranger Opaque Matte Texture Paste
- Hero Arts Pop Pattern Stencil
- The Crafter’s Workshop Mini Butterfly Collage Stencil
- Liquitex Black Gesso
- Studio White Gesso
- Hunter Green and Scarlet Lake Peerless Watercolors
- Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
- Hero Arts Color Layering Holly stamp set
- Hero Arts Color Layering Holly Frame Cuts
- Liquitex Naphthol Crimson, Cadmium Red, Deep Green and Phthalocyanine Green Acrylic Paints
- Hard Rubber Brayer
- Black StazOn ink; Memento Cottage Ivy ink; Ranger Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles and Black Soot Distress Ink
- Crop-A-Dile Big Bite
- Doodlebug Design Red Sequins
- Prairie Bird Boutique Wrinkled Red Ribbon
- Hemptique White Cord
- DMC Red Memory Thread
- Christmas Brad
- Ranger Distress Grit Paste
- Copic Opaque White